St Xaviers Collegiate School, Kolkata
30 Mother Teresa Sarani, Kolkata-700016
Contact no. -22906951
Email Id: email@example.com
St. Xavier’s Collegiate School, a minority institution was established on 16 January 1860 for the education of Catholic boys. Today, however, boys of all religious denominations are admitted. School is recognized by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education till class X. It is also affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi, till class XII.
Admissions open only in class one. Admission to other classes (2-8) considered only if there are vacancies.
Admission to class 11 and the choice of stream depends on the student’s academic performance, behaviour and the discretion of the Principal for the good of the school ethos.
Academic Session is from April to March.
The Society of Jesus, a Christian Religious Order founded by St. Ignatius of Loyola in 1540, has been active in the field of education throughout the world, since its origin. Worldwide, the Society of Jesus is responsible for 1865 Education Institutions in 65 countries, 365 of them being secondary schools.
These Jesuit Education Institutions engage the efforts of over 98,000 teachers among whom over 91,000 lay people - men and women belonging o different religious communities and the rest members of the Society of Jesus. They educate approximately 17, 92,000 students. In India , Nepal and Sri Lanka, the Society of Jesus is responsible for 153 High Schools, 38 University Colleges, 14 Technical Institutes and 5 other Institutes with 8,085 lay teachers educating 2,34,338 students belonging to every social class, community and linguistic group. They are taught through the medium of English and other regional languages.
Jesuit Schools aim at the integral personal formation of the young -
To accomplish this, special efforts are made
to help students become mature, spiritually- oriented men of character
to encourage them continually to strive after excellence in every field
to value and judiciously use their freedom
to be clear and firm on principles, and courageous in action, tolerant towards others
to be unselfish in the service of their fellowmen.
Transform the students into persons of competence, conscience, compassion, character and faith, in collaboration with teachers and parents, for building a better community.
Goals set to realize the vision
• Enable students to become men of action and reflection, rooted firmly in and inspired by the values of human dignity, equality, social justice and secularism.
• Create in the students a sense of compassion for the weak and the powerless in society, love for all living creatures, concern for the environment.
• Encourage students to do their best in the curricular and co-curricular programmes leading towards fuller personal growth and transformation.
• Foster in them skills to live and work in harmony with those who differ from them in religion, caste, language, ethnicity, etc and in case of conflicts, to resolve or manage them constructively.
• Form them into spiritual leaders with a social conscience and with a sense of global solidarity.
• To promote deeper bonding among the staff with a common mission.
• To reach out to parents and to share with them our vision of education.
Examination and Tests
The Unit System is followed in all classes. Briefly, the System divides the syllabus of each subject into clearly defined blocks of related matter, eg one or more chapters of a textbook. As soon as the matter of a particular unit is completed in class, the student is assessed on it.
The school Year is divided into two semesters. At the end of each semester examinations are held.
• Computer Lab
• Science labs
• Social Duties
• 11/1 st Calcutta Loyola Scout Group
• Christian Life Community (CLC)
• Cine Forum
• Debate Club – X-Calibre
• Leadership Training Service (LTS)
• Nature Club
• Quiz Club – X- Quizite
• School Choir
• Social and Community Service
Teachers are NOT permitted to give tuition to our school students. Members of the staff are requested to honour the rules of SXCS.
Boys are NOT permitted to take tuitions from the teachers of SXCS. Those found taking tuitions from our school teachers will be dismissed from the school.
Proud of our school and happy are we
Proud to belong to dear SXC
NIHIL ULTRA, Nothing Beyond,
Be it in studies, on the playground.
In dramas, debates and contests as well
We boys of SXC do excel
Politeness, obedience and honesty
Always our forte.
Proud of our motto, proud of our badge,
Proud of our colours,
Proud of our flag,
Banner in hand as onwards we go
Helping the weak, the lame and the slow
And when we leave the portals so dear we’ll ne’er forget our Alma Mater
Let’s all give a lusty cheer-
HURRAY! For our school so dear.